ACCORD has a total of 6 shops throughout the local area which sell a good range of quality second-hand goods, including furniture and safety-checked electrical items. We also have a reception shop at the Hospice, which sells a range of unusual gift ideas plus a small selection of ACCORD branded goods. We depend on donations of goods from the public, as well as their custom, in order to recycle items, benefiting the environment and generating funds to support the delivery of palliative and end of life care in our local community.
You can also find out about our latest news on twitter @shopsatACCORD
ACCORD prepares to re-open its Store and Shops
ACCORD is delighted to advise that it intends to re-open its Store and shops on a phased basis starting on 13 July. The plan is to open the flagship Store on Glasgow Road and the shops in the Paisley Centre on that date. The other shops in Johnstone, Renfrew and Barrhead at on Causeyside Street will open in the next couple of weeks.
“We are delighted to be able to re-open our shops” said Sheila Jack, Shops Manager. “It’s been a while since we’ve been able to do so and we can’t wait to welcome back our loyal customers”.
ACCORD’s shops have all been closed since lockdown started back in March. Coming back to the shops in July, however, will be a different experience for staff, volunteers and customers.
“We have had to make significant changes to our internal layouts and our shops’ procedures in order to comply with the latest safety, hygiene and social distancing requirements” says Alastair Crae, Director of Finance and Governance. “We would like to share this now with our customers before we open again.”
The following changes have been made:
- Our staff and volunteers will have appropriate PPE
- All retail outlets will have hand sanitisers for customer use
- Social distancing will be in operation at all shops with stewarding arrangements in place to ensure appropriate numbers of customers are in our shops at any one time
- Our cash desks/tills will have protective Perspex screens in place to safeguard staff and volunteers
- We will still accept cash payments although we can take and would encourage card payments in Glasgow Road if possible
- Donations will ONLY be taken at the Glasgow Road store and will only be taken on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays between 10am and 1pm for the time being
- There will be a dedicated drop-off point for donations at the Store with arrangements in place to quarantine all donations for 72 hours before being used – in that respect we would ask that all donations are appropriately bagged if possible
- There will be more stringent conditions associated with our house clearances and pickups (and deliveries)
“We have tried where possible to make our shops as safe as possible for staff, volunteers and customers. We hope that anyone visiting our shops understands this and will comply with what we are putting in place” said Alastair. “We also hope that our new dedicated Donations drop-off point at Glasgow Road will also improve our Gift Aid income as we hope to ask more people to sign up when they drop off their donations. We appreciate only one location is awkward for some people but hope people understand the reasons for this being necessary. It will be mandatory for customers to wear face coverings in ALL shops, so we would ask all customers to do so in order that we can allow them entry”.
Signs will be put in place at each of the shops in due course to explain the arrangements in place at each shop
“It’s going to be a new challenge for our teams at ACCORD but I’m sure we’ll manage. We’ve got a fantastic supporter base for each of our shops and we’re really looking forward to seeing our loyal customers (and lots of new customers) very soon. Full details on shop openings will be put on our website and our Facebook page.”
Our Shops Controller
Sheila is responsible for the management of the ACCORD Hospice charity shops, staff and volunteers. She ensures a co-ordinated and consistent approach is taken across all outlets in delivering the ACCORD retail strategy. Her main aim is to realise the income from donated goods through recycling and also to promote the Hospice within the community.
0141 887 4786
Introducing Retail Gift Aid
Recently we have been doing work within some of the shops to maximise the funding we receive from our supporters. We have introduced Gift Aid at our Furniture/Home and Leisure shop in the Paisley Centre and at 44B High Street, Johnstone. If successful we will extend this Gift Aid option to further goods and shops in the future. Learn More about Gift Aid
If you would like to support ACCORD by donating some of your items of clothing, footwear, furniture or homeware, please contact email@example.com or call 0141 887 4786 to arrange.
*denotes a Home & Leisure shop