The Social Work service is available to all patients, their carers and families who are receiving care from ACCORD Hospice.
Aims of the Service
- Provide social work advice, guidance and support on practical and financial matters
- Establish and identify supportive services within the community
- Help to reduce social isolation and exclusion
- Assist with discharge planning
What You Can Expect
- To work in partnership with the social worker
- To be treated as an individual
- Respect for diversity, values and different cultures
- Equal opportunities for all
- Staff to challenge discrimination, unfair or unequal treatment of groups or individuals on the basis of their race, gender, class, age, culture, religion, sexuality or ability.
Meet the team
Karen Palmer - Palliative Care Social Worker
This service is led and coordinated by Karen. She has worked in Social Work since 1995 in a variety of statutory and voluntary organisations, moving to ACCORD Hospice in 2007. Karen holds a degree and diploma in Social Work and is registered with the Scottish Social Services Council.
Hours and Availability
- Monday – Thursday, 9.15am -2.15pm
How to get in Contact
- Karen Palmer, Social Worker – 0141 581 2000