This service can support your daily needs and quality of life. Treatments such as scalp/hair management, wig and scarf guidance, hand massage and manicures as well as general hairdressing requirements support your plan of care and sense of well-being.
The service is provided by an experienced qualified hairdresser.
Aims of the Service
- To provide access to general hairdressing requirements
- Calm emotions and increase general sense of health and well-being
- In conjunction with you plan of care, introduce scalp and hair treatments which may reduce some of the symptoms and side effects of your illness and treatments
- Provide support and guidance in the maintenance of individual wigs and the technique of ‘scarf tying’
- Help people to feel more comfortable with their body image.
What You can Expect
Inpatients and those attending Day Therapy Unit will be offered access to the service.
Hours and Availability
- ACCORD Hospice – Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 10am -3pm
How to get in contact
0141 581 2000