Gleniffer Outreach is ACCORD’s information and support centre for patients and families affected by a life limiting illness. The Centre provides a quiet and calm environment encouraging people to drop-in at any time. Whether you have a specific need, require access to information or signposting to other services, each individual will be met with a warm supportive welcome by our experienced staff and volunteers. The Centre is also a valuable resource to other Health and Social Care professionals.
Download our latest newsletter here – Glennifer Outreach – Newsletter September 2017
Aims of the Service
- To encourage people to seek up-to-date and appropriate information and support
- To enable patients to live well and manage the life changes their illness may bring
- To function as a social area where patients / clients ‘moving on’ from other services can attend for planned therapeutic support
What You Can Expect
Over a friendly cup of tea, we will support and guide you to browse our available information or signpost you to the most appropriate services.
Meet the Team
Tracey Johnstone - Outreach Co-ordinator
Tracey is an experienced Staff Nurse and trained Complementary Therapist.
Amy Crawford - Outreach Co-ordinator
Amy graduated from the University of Glasgow with an Honours Degree in Psychology and holds a HNC in Occupational Therapy Support. Working as an Occupational Therapy Senior Support Worker at the Royal Alexandra Hospital for 5 years prior to joining ACCORD, she brings awareness and understanding of supporting individuals with a variety of illnesses, diseases and disabilities that lends itself to the role of Outreach Co-ordinator.
Hours and Availability
- Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm
How to get in Contact
- Gleniffer Outreach Centre,
ACCORD Information & Support Centre,
PA2 9PN (At the RAH in front of Maternity)
- Tel: 0141 887 5968
- Email: Gleniffer.Outreach@accord.org.uk
Up and Coming Events
We run different workshops for patients every month:
- Relaxation and Stress Management
- Gentle Exercise
- Therapeutic Activity Sessions
- Bereavement Support
- Maximising the Quality of Life Sessions on:
- Well-being and Confidence
- Symptom Awareness and Management