Gleniffer Outreach is ACCORD’s information and support centre for patients and families affected by a life limiting illness. The Centre provides a quiet and calming environment that allows people to drop-in at any time for a specific need, just ‘a wee look’, gain access to a service, seek solace during treatment or a warm supportive chat with one of our experienced staff. The Centre has also proven to be of value to other Health and Social care professionals when seeking information and or guidance.
Download our latest newsletter here – Glennifer Outreach – Newsletter September 2017
Aims of the Service
- To encourage people to seek up-to-date and appropriate information and support
- To enable patients to live well and manage the life changes their illness may bring
- To function as a social area where patients / clients ‘moving on’ from other services can attend for planned therapeutic support
What You Can Expect
Over a friendly cup of tea, we will support and guide you to browse our available information or signpost you to the most appropriate services.
Meet the Team
Tracey Johnstone - Outreach Co-ordinator (Mat Cover)
Tracey is an experienced Staff Nurse and trained Complementary Therapist. She is well known to ACCORD and will be covering for Amy while she is on Maternity leave.
Amy Crawford - Outreach Co-ordinator (Mat Leave)
Amy graduated from the University of Glasgow with an Honours Degree in Psychology and holds a HNC in Occupational Therapy Support. Working as an Occupational Therapy Senior Support Worker at the Royal Alexandra Hospital for 5 years prior to joining ACCORD, she brings awareness and understanding of supporting individuals with a variety of illnesses, diseases and disabilities that lends itself to the role of Outreach Co-ordinator.
Hours and Availability
- Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm
How to get in Contact
- Gleniffer Outreach Centre,
Accord Information & Support Centre,
PA2 9PN (At the RAH in front of Maternity)
- Tel: 0141 887 5968
- Email: Gleniffer.Outreach@accord.org.uk
Up and Coming Events
We run different workshops for patients every month:
- Relaxation and Stress Management
- Gentle Exercise
- Therapeutic Activity Sessions
- Bereavement Support
- Maximising the Quality of Life Sessions on:
- Well-being and Confidence
- Symptom Awareness and Management