This service can complement your plan of care and may also provide comfort to your relatives or carers. Therapies, such as, massage and reflexology can assist with symptom control, aid relaxation and promote wellbeing.
The service is provided by qualified therapists who are experienced and appropriately trained in various techniques.
Aims of the Service
- Assisting with relaxation and reducing anxiety
- Calm your emotions and increase your general sense of health and wellbeing
- In conjunction with your plan of care, therapies may reduce some of the symptoms and side effects of your illness and treatments
- Help people to feel more in control of their feelings and emotions
What You Can Expect
You will be offered six sessions initially, if more or less are needed this will be agreed by you and the therapist.
Meet the Team
Nicola Campbell - Complementary Therapist Co-ordinator
Qualified therapist since 2006 achieving a Diploma in Holistic Therapies and Stress Management, Nicola has also obtained Reiki Master Level I &II. She joined ACCORD in 2013 as a support Therapist before successfully becoming the Co-ordinator for the service.
Mari Gallagher - Complementary Therapist
A qualified therapist, Mari joined ACCORD in 2015 providing treatments within the Hospice. From April 2016 she has moved to Gleniffer Outreach, 2 days a week, to provide complementary treatments.
Hours and Availability
- ACCORD Hospice – Tuesday to Friday, 10am – 3pm
- Gleniffer Outreach – Tuesday to Friday, 10am – 3pm
How to get in Contact
- Nicola Campbell – 0141 581 2007
- ACCORD Hospice – 0141 581 2000
- Gleniffer Outreach – 0141 887 5968