- This event has passed.
Hospice Care Week 2019
September 27 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Will you help us show people that This Is What It Takes for more than 200 hospices across the UK to provide world class hospice, palliative and end of life care?
7-13 October 2019
It takes 40,000 staff, and more than 125,000 volunteers to provide the care they need. And while end of life care is one of the things that we will all need at some point, two-thirds of the £1.4 billion per year needed to run an essential public service comes from you – in public donations, legacies, shops, lotteries and events.
Hospice care is free, but it’s not cheap. It’s important and demanding. And most of all, it’s very special. Join us this October and play your part in showing what it takes to give people and their families the care they need and deserve.
How can you help this Hospice Care Week?
This year, we would love everyone to show their support for Hospice Care Week by turning you, your friends or your office, Yellow!
Every penny you raise supports people living with a terminal illness, and their families, where you live and work. So together… LET’S GO YELLOW!
Host a custard pie event in your office
- sponsor a friend or colleague to get a pie in the face,
- get sponsored to be pied;
- go extreme and organise a custard pie fight
- Or you could bring in a supply of custard tarts and share them with your friends as tasty treats, if you’d prefer a little less mess with your Go Yellow fundraising!
You can be the ultimate Go Yellow superhero and go even further! You could:
- Sit in a bath full of custard or yellow slime;
- Or like some of our team here at Hospice UK last year including our CEO Helen Simpson, get gunged for Go Yellow!
If you are are thinking of holding a fundraiser let us know! Get in contact with firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 581 2000