- This event has passed.
19th May 2018 @ 8:00 pm - 20th May 2018 @ 6:00 pm
NIGHTRIDER™ GLASGOW 2018 (Only 10 places available)
Date: 19 / 20 May 2018
Distance: 50km or 100km
A brand new event for Glasgow in 2018! Nightrider, the iconic charity bike ride is coming to Scotland for the first time. This fun charity night cycle will be taking place in and around the city centre. Explore the city’s top sights, latest attractions, famous landmarks and discover some lesser well-known treasures.
Nightrider is all about having fun. Whether you’re cycling on your own, with your friends, family or work colleagues we can promise you a different kind of Saturday night! This is not a timed ride and it’s not a sportive but it is all about having a good time and cycling together. Enjoy the sights, take photos, support each other and help us to raise funds.
The ride starts from a central location. You have a choice between a 100km or 50km circular route. Both routes will take you past many of city’s most famous landmarks. The route is currently in development and will be released in early 2018. Full support, back up and regular break stops are provided throughout the night, along with a well-earned breakfast roll and medal at the finish.
- Enjoy cycling past the sights of Glasgow in this unique charity bike ride at night.
- The route is fully sign-posted. You can cycle at your own pace and follow the signs. GPS route will also be released.
- Choice of routes – 50km or 100km
- Amazing atmosphere with hundreds of cyclists riding together, raising funds.
- Great event to do with friends or work colleagues. Why not get a team together?
- Nightrider is organised by leading charity challenge company Classic Challenge who have been organising challenge events for twenty-five years.
Is Nightrider for me?
- If you’re looking for a different and enjoyable challenge then this is for you!
- You should be confident in cycling alongside traffic. Some roads are busy even at night. The route is mainly on quieter roads, but it does take in some of Glasgow’s lively spots, which will be busy with the public and vehicles.
- This event is not a race and is not timed and we encourage people to cycle responsibly. Most people complete the 100km route in 6-8 hours.
- You should be prepared to put in some training prior to the event – it is a challenge and you will need to be able to cycle 50km or 100km. We therefore do not recommend this event for beginner riders.
Sound like the event for you? We’d love you to join the ACCORD Hospice Nightrider Glasgow team on one of our limited Charity Places.
You need to pay a £39 registration fee and we ask to you commit to raising £200 minimum sponsorship for us. Our special registration link can be found here
We’ll give you lots of support, help and advice to set you on the way to fundraising success!
To secure your place in Nightrider Glasgow please click here to complete the short registration form and pay your registration fee. You can select which distance you would like to register for. We’ll then be in touch to welcome you to the team and support you on your way.