ACCORD Hospice’s In-Patient Unit is now 25 years old and as such the décor is in need of modernising. We want to provide our patients with an environment that matches our excellent standard of clinical care. We will use this opportunity to select attractive and modern materials which are energy efficient, sustainable and require low levels of maintenance. Changes in clinical requirements are also a factor in why this refurbishment is required including compliance with Health Improvement Scotland standards.
The current layout of the Inpatient Unit has been in place since 1997, with a mixture of single and shared, same sex, bedrooms.. The upgraded building will enable us to increase the number of single bed rooms , which will support privacy for patients and their loved ones whilst creating a family space that is homely, modern and attractive. Our staff members are very aware of the need to ensure that our inpatient unit is designed and equipped to meet the more complex and diverse needs of patients that are already anticipated to increase into the future.
We began our Refurbishment on the 22nd January 2018 – once completed, this will allow us to stay in our current home, continue to provide palliative and end of life care for the residents of Renfrewshire and East Renfrewshire and make our Hospice a homely environment fit for the future.
What difference will it make?
This major renovation project will make a transformational change to ACCORD Hospice
- Offer increased privacy and comfort with en-suite bathrooms
- Offer patients more access to single rooms
- Rooms will have space for loved ones to stay overnight and experience the comforts of home
- All rooms will have patio doors and access to a private patio area; enhancing the feeling of space and calm, as well as offering a greater connection to the outside world.
- Create a separate patient entrance allowing patients to be admitted onto the ward in privacy, without entering via our busy public entrance.
- Improved layout and state of the art equipment and facilities – benefitting both patients and staff